Surely you have repeatedly heard about such a male disease as prostatitis. Much is now being said about it, as every year the disease takes on new dimensions. The most unfortunate thing is that prostatitis also affects very young men. Therefore, it is better to prevent prostatitis from an early age than in adulthood to treat the disease for a long time and painfully.
To properly prevent prostatitis, you just need to follow basic tips. In this article, we will highlight some of the recommendations of experienced professionals.
Prevention of prostatitis at home
In general, the prevention of prostatitis at home is to follow the rules of a healthy active life. By taking care of your health in general, you can at the same time prevent the development of prostatitis. The main tips are as follows:
- Have a regular sex life. It is sex that doctors consider the main way to prevent prostatitis. Indeed, with regular sexual activity (albeit with forced ejaculation), a natural massage of the prostate takes place, which leads to a reduction in the risk of bacterial growth in the ducts of the prostate gland. This helps to reduce the stagnation of prostatic juice, thus minimizing the chances of developing the disease.
- Get a permanent sexual partner. It would be good for every young man to know that promiscuity in sexual intercourse damages the prostate gland. In addition, such sexual activity contributes to the occurrence of sexually transmitted diseases, which increase the risk of developing acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis. In any case, to protect yourself, use contraceptives (preferably condoms).
- Lead an active lifestyle. This is especially true for those men who have a permanent sedentary job. No one is talking about drastically changing the type of activity. Just take care of your health by taking small walking breaks during the workday (even if it's along the corridors of the workroom). In addition, while sitting at the table, do special exercises for the prostate.
- Avoid hypothermia. With hypothermia, the immune forces of the body are temporarily reduced. This is when the infection gets out of control. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of yourself in any situation.
- Watch what you eat. For example, spicy, fatty and smoked foods contribute to the development of prostatitis. It is also not recommended to abuse strong alcoholic drinks and coffee.
- Treat all urinary tract infections promptly. Any untreated infection can cause prostatitis.
- Have regular checkups with your urologist. Do this even if there are no symptoms of illness. This is especially important if you've already had a case of prostatitis. In the first year after the disease, go to the urologist every three months. The next three years - every six months. If you are a man over 40, then the doctor will definitely recommend another ultrasound examination of the prostate.
Prevention of prostatitis with folk remedies
Do not neglect the centuries-old experience of traditional medicine either. He claims that for the normal functioning of the prostate and the functioning of the male genital organs it is very useful to eat honey, nuts, dried fruits and many other foods that are available to us, rich in vitamins and minerals. Of particular importance for the prostate is zinc, which is found in large quantities in pumpkin seeds, meat, liver, apples, cabbage, parsley, onions, seafood, oatmeal, sprouted wheat, yeast.
If you want to get the most out of them, do not combine them with dairy products, as the latter interfere with the absorption of zinc. It is also recommended to stop drinking alcohol and minimize caffeine intake: these substances quickly remove therapeutic zinc from the body.
Very tasty and healthy for the prostate are a variety of mixtures of nuts, honey and dried fruits. Here are some recipes with ingredients for making such preparations:
- walnuts and honey in equal proportions.
- 500 g raw pumpkin seeds and 200 g honey.
- 200 grams of dried fruit and the core of 12 walnuts.
All these products are crushed and combined together until homogenized.
To the above tips, you can add one more: try to achieve regular bowel movements, do not allow constipation to develop. Fiber, vegetable oils and kefir will help you cope with this task.
Fans of traditional medicine can resort to the following recipes for the prevention of prostatitis:
- Grind a kilo of walnuts and sunflower seeds in a meat grinder. Store them separately in sealed glass jars in the refrigerator. Every morning on an empty stomach, eat a mixture of nuts, seeds (1 tablespoon each) and a grated onion until you have eaten all the prepared nuts and seeds.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of peeled oats with 700 g of water and boil on low heat until the grains boil. After that, strain and squeeze the drink and take 100 g each, adding 50 ml of freshly squeezed juice from parsley leaves.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of willow-herb (or plantain) with half a liter of boiling water and let it boil for 5 minutes. Then strain and take 0. 5 cups every day - in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening 30 minutes before going to bed (or 150 ml 3 times a day).
Exercises to prevent prostatitis
Separately, it should be said about the importance of gymnastics for intimate muscles. There are a large number of different individual exercises and systematized complexes that contribute to the proper functioning of the organs of the reproductive system. Kegel exercises are very popular and effective for men and women, but others are also known.
Exercises for the prevention of prostatitis are very simple (everyone can learn how to do them correctly), convenient (they do not require special equipment and many of them can be done anytime and anywhere), and completely free, and they are extremely effective! Exercises to prevent prostatitis help strengthen the muscles of the pelvic area, perineum and anus and improve the quality of sexual relations for both partners!
Such training allows men to control ejaculation, increase endurance, provide strong sexual sensations to a woman and experience a vivid orgasm himself.
Even if you only regularly perform one or two exercises to prevent prostatitis, you will still be doing yourself a big favor:
- Make movements with the muscles of the perineum as if pulling the rectum into you. Working at the same time, the pubococcygeus muscle, located in the perineum, is also called "love" by experts. Squeeze it 5-10 times in a row, holding it in a "squeezed" position for at least 3 seconds. Repeat this exercise several times a day.
- Tighten your perineum muscles, as if trying to stop urination. You should also feel the muscles of the anus - tighten them and hold in this position for as long as possible. Repeat 200 times, 4-5 sets per day.
- Alternately squeeze and relax the love muscle. Alternate fast contractions-relaxations and slow ones.
- Perform the same exercises (compression-relaxation) only with the anus - as with defecation.
- In the morning, getting out of bed, take a "careful" stance, folding your arms across your chest. Immediately tighten all the muscles of the body for a second, including the muscle of love, as if sending an arrow from top to bottom: to the hips and perineum.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Slowly do half squats, spreading your knees out to the sides. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Walk in place, bringing your knees up.
- Lie on your back on a flat surface. Lift your pelvis, hold for 10 seconds - and lower. Repeat several times until you feel tension and fatigue in your buttocks.
In addition, engage in active sports: football, swimming, tennis.
Useful for the prevention of prostatitis are also long bathing procedures - for an hour or more, during which you also need to "send" the "arrows" described above.
Men at risk should take special care of their health. First of all, these are those who lead a sedentary life and those who have a job associated with a long stay in a humid environment, constant hypothermia or shivering.
Prevention of prostatitis, carried out in advance, will help protect you from an unpleasant disease. In addition, it will save material resources that could be spent on the treatment of prostatitis.