For effective treatment of prostatitis at home, folk remedies use herbal and plant extracts, medicines and medicines that can get rid of the main signs of the disease. Non-traditional methods of treatment have been incredibly popular lately. But you should not trust such treatments 100%. Treatment of prostatitis should be performed under the supervision of a urologist, in a hospital setting. Both herbs and plants can not replace drug treatment, but can significantly enhance it.
Home treatment of prostatitis
The treatment of prostate inflammation at home is not just the use of herbal decoctions and herbal extracts. The treatment is carried out in several stages and the following will help increase its effectiveness:
- devices (devices designed to treat the inflammatory process in the tissues).
- Exercise (a set of exercises that helps to normalize blood flow to the tissues and "saturate" them with nutrients and oxygen).
- Prostate massage (works as one of the methods of treatment of the inflammatory process, helps to get rid of secretions and pathogens).
Device for the treatment of prostatitis at home
When choosing a device to stop the inflammatory process in the prostate tissues, it is worth clarifying how it differs from competitors' products. There are several devices on the market today that will help treat prostatitis, the most suitable device will be recommended by a specialist.
You can buy the device you are interested in at a pharmacy or specialty store, as well as contact the official product suppliers online.
Prostate massage: pros and cons
When the prostate is inflamed, no massage is performed. This method of treatment is more effective in the chronic type of disease course.
In essence, this procedure is similar to palpation of the prostate organs. It helps to get rid of the secretion, which "pulses" from pathogenic microorganisms. And also massage promotes cell regeneration. Rehabilitation procedures are related to improving blood flow to the tissues of the organ.
The main advantages of rectal therapy are:
- helps to dilate blood vessels and small capillaries, improves oxygen flow to tissues.
- helps prevent congestion.
- get rid of pathogens that have accumulated in the organ.
Disadvantages of the method:
- The patient may feel pain during the massage.
- There is a high risk of traumatic soft tissue injury.
The procedure is performed by a doctor with insufficient qualifications, it can injure soft tissues or damage the patient's body.
Chronic prostatitis is a serious disease characterized by a long course and regular recurrences. Therefore, a urologist should treat it.
Exercise for prostatitis in men
An effective remedy for prostatitis is physical therapy. There are a number of exercises that can help treat the underlying medical condition and improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues.
Exercise for prostatitis and prostate adenoma:
- Squats are one of the most energetic exercises. Squats will help improve blood flow to the tissues, but you should squat at least 100 times a day, doing 3 sets every 3 minutes.
- Scalpel - sit on the floor, put your hands behind your back and lift your pelvis up. In this position, do the exercise, crossing your legs. The exercise is performed in 2 sets, 20 times for each leg.
- Shake with straight legs - you should lie on your back and lift your straight legs up without bending them at the knees (at least 20 repetitions).
- Cycling - helps improve blood flow to the lower extremities. The exercise is performed lying on your back. You can also pedal on an exercise bike, but if you do not have it, you should do the exercise for 10-15 minutes every day.
- Turn your legs while on the side - you should lie on one side and lift one leg up without bending the knee. You should do 20-30 repetitions, then lie on the other side and continue the exercise.
Treating prostatitis in men with exercise is not an alternative to medication. And a good way to complete it.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies
Effective treatment of inflammatory diseases includes the use of beneficial herbs and plants. But herbal teas are not a medicine, but an addition to it. It is worth taking such money as a supplement to taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
The most effective herbs for prostatitis
The treatment of prostatitis in men with folk remedies includes herbal medicine, carried out using the following plants:
- Aspen bark. The recipe for infusion of aspen bark is simple, it is worth throwing 3 tablespoons. tablespoons dry raw materials with a glass of boiling water. Then put the medicine in a water bath, remove after 15 minutes, drain and use during the day.
- Parsley. It has a positive effect on activity and improves blood flow to tissues. You just have to grind 30 gr. plants and pour boiling water over it, then filter and take several times a day, the resulting broth.
- Garlic - has strong antibacterial properties. The recipe for making a garlic-based medicine is simple: it is worth cutting 4 cloves, throwing them in boiling water and letting them stand for 12 hours. Then drain the broth and drink in the morning before eating, 50-100 ml. Repeat the process in the evening.
- Horsetail - it is worth adding 2 tbsp. dry raw materials with a glass of boiling water. Prepare a strong infusion, drain it and mix with the decoction of balsam. Such a cocktail should be drunk daily, in small portions, dividing 2 glasses of the drug into 3 doses.
- Cranberry - This berry is rich in vitamin C, stimulates the activity of the human immune system. You can just eat cranberries, sprinkle them with sugar or you can make fruit drinks from them. The drink will have a pleasant sour taste, it is recommended to drink it every day, for breakfast.
- Kalanchoe has wound healing and strong bactericidal effect. You can prepare a therapeutic tincture with alcohol based on the plant. The recipe is simple: the cut leaves are poured with 500 ml of vodka, placed in a dark place. After 10 days, the medicine will be ready.
- Absinthe - it is necessary to mix the bitter absinthe and oregano in equal proportions, grind the raw materials in a coffee grinder and boil with boiling water. For 300 ml of water, 20 g are required. dry raw materials. The broth is placed in a dark place, left to boil for 2 hours, then filtered and drunk 100 ml daily, divided into 3 doses.
- Fireweed (Ivan tea) - 3 tbsp. spoons of dry raw materials are poured into a glass of boiling water, covered with a lid and placed in a dark place. When the broth cools, pass it through a cloth or sieve. Then drink 100 ml a day before meals.
- Pumpkin seeds - rich in zinc, help normalize the immune system and brain, as well as treat inflammation of the prostate. Just eat 30 pumpkin seeds daily half an hour before meals to feel the effect.
- Common chestnut - the seeds of this plant are more effective. Crush and pour boiling water (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water). It is important not to overdo it with the proportions, as chestnut seeds contain toxic substances.
- Ginseng. This herb is used to treat inflammatory diseases of the prostate gland. It is recommended to drink an alcoholic tincture of ginseng. It is dripped in a glass (10 drops no more), diluted with water and consumed 3 times a day.
- Thuja - has good anti-inflammatory properties. To get rid of prostatitis, it is worth pouring 500 ml of boiling water into 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of pomegranate. When the broth has cooled, it can be used as a means of performing hygiene and sitz bath procedures.
- Rhodiola rosea (golden root) - for prostatitis, alcohol tincture is prescribed. Used in 10-20 drops, dividing the number of shots by 3 times. The tincture is diluted with water and consumed 30 minutes before meals.
Parsley and garlic go well together. These plants can be combined to make an excellent remedy.
Honey and beekeeping products
Folk remedies for prostatitis often include honey. It is considered a natural antiseptic. But before you start honey treatment it is worth:
- make sure there are no problems with your blood sugar levels.
- make sure there is no allergy to the bee product.
The following recipes will help treat prostatitis at home with honey:
- Honey with celandine decoction. The beekeeping product is mixed with a prepared celandine broth (100 grams of dry raw materials are poured into 700 ml of boiling water, placed in a water bath for 15 minutes, then filtered and dissolved in a decoction of 500 grams of honey). The medicine will be ready in a few minutes. It is recommended to store it in the refrigerator, to drink 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times daily before meals.
- Balsam grass and honey. A strong infusion is made from the herb. Pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons balsam grass with a glass of boiling water. Then add honey (150 g) to the drained broth. The drug is taken in 1 tbsp. spoon before meals, daily. The course of treatment is one month.
Juice therapy for prostatitis
Treating prostatitis and prostate adenoma with juices is a good alternative to herbal and plant teas. Juice therapy includes the daily consumption of this drink and promotes the general health of the body.
Treatment of prostatitis with juices, useful recipes:
- Squeeze the juice from beets, cucumbers, carrots and celery root. Mix the ingredients in equal proportions and drink the drink. This juice is recommended to be consumed 3 times a day, 125 gr. each time, before meals
- Onion juice is good for prostatitis. Mix with honey and drink after meals (30 ml of juice and 5g of honey).
- Parsley and celery juice - this drink has a beneficial effect on the function of all prostate organs. To prepare it, it is worth squeezing the juice of parsley and celery root, mix them in equal proportions and drink. 60 gr. drink before meals.
If you fill such a "cocktail" with quail eggs (at least 10 of them are required), then you will be able to get a drink that has a positive effect on activity.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home
There are several types of preventative procedures, which include:
- Adherence to certain dietary rules (you should avoid fatty, fried, salty and peppery foods, remove from the diet foods that irritate the kidneys and liver).
- Do not consume alcohol (it is advisable to completely exclude alcohol, but if this is not possible, then at least reduce the amount of alcohol consumed by 2 times).
- Do sports (moderate physical activity will benefit a man, will help improve blood flow to the pelvic organs and normalize blood circulation).
- Take vitamins (trace elements and vitamins strengthen the immune system and, when treating inflammatory diseases, improve the body's resistance).
No medicine can compare to honey or herbs. Well, honey, herbs and exercise are no substitute for medication. For this reason, you should not trust 100% the methods of alternative medicine, because no one has yet canceled the appeal to the doctors and the treatment with pills.